Frequently Asked Questions
We often gets asked these questions and are always happy to answer any questions.
Why is Goats Milk Soap Good for your skin?
- Goat's milk is rich in many vitamins and minerals including calcium, phosphorus, potassium, protein, and essential vitamins A, C, B1, B6, B12, and E, which are all absorbed into the skin.
- Vitamin A is especially abundant in goats milk and helps repair damage to skin.
- Vitamins A and E are anti-aging, they help reduce age spots, lines, stretch marks, wrinkles, and other skin aging symptoms.
- Vitamin C is known to assist in the restoration of collagen, a protein which keeps your skin supple, smooth, and youthful. A, C, and E are also effective antioxidants. The B vitamins help maintain overall skin health.
- Goat's milk is the only milk that contains a compound called capric-caprylic triglyceride (CCT), a natural moisturiser used extensively in cosmetics. This quickly penetrates the skin and forms a thin layer of moisture that makes your skin feel smooth and supple.
- Goat's milk soap naturally contains an alpha hydroxy acid, which has been used for centuries as a beauty product as it helps with exfoliation of the dead skin cells and promotes rejuvenation. Which is why Cleopatra bathed in Milk! leaving your skin soft and smooth.
Do you use Palm Oil in your Soap?
No. All of our soaps are made using Goats Milk, Oilve Oil, Sunflower Oil, Coconut Oil, Shea Butter and our own honey. Then we may add clays, essential oils, kawakawa oil. We do our best to know where our ingredients come from so we can be certain they are sustainable, ethical and environmentally friendly.
Do you make custom orders?
Yes as our soaps are made by hand, by me and in small batches, so I can make a special scents, shapes, we could potentially get a custom made stamp for the soaps. Our Lip balms can easily be made into private label, which is great for fundraising events, gifts and promotions. Contact me https://www.frabellasoaps.co.nz/pages/contact-us to discuss the options
How long does your Soap Last?
We let our soaps cure for 6 weeks, so they have dried out and are hardened. A normal bar with normal use should last 4 weeks. As with any soap (including commercial bars) if you leave it in a dry place after use and not sitting in water it will last a long time.
Does your soap sting your eyes?
Yes, all soap will sting your eyes. Although I have tested this myself and they do not sting as bad as commercial bars. For example I wash my face with my bars all over and my eyes don't sting. where as when tested with a commercial bar they did. (Please note: Do not try this at home!)
Do you use Lye in making your soap?
Yes all soap, liquid or bars need lye, (or caustic Soda, Sodium Hydroxide). This causes a chemical reaction to the milk and oils, which them make them go hard, so they will not go off (rotten) Once the chemical reaction is over there is no chemical left.